WELCOME TO MY BLOG^^

Friday, September 12, 2008

Tom’s death
< >Jane and I stared into our best friend’s mother’s eyes as she rattled off like a machine gun. “Tom! Wake up! You can’t leave your father and me! Tom…” Tom’s mother burst into tears. Jane and I could see the pain and agony in her sorrowful, black eyes and memories of the harrowing experience flashed like a newsreel in my mind. This was how it all began…
< >“Hi Tom! You want to follow Jane and I to the void deck to play, since today is Saturday,” I called Tom in the afternoon. “Okay!” Tom answered. We met at the void deck.
After playing for a while, we felt bored and we started loitering around in search of something interesting to do. Suddenly, Tom’s eyes caught a cardboard box tied up a piece of string near the entrance of the lifts. Tom looked in the box and found a stack of newspapers. An idea popped up in his mind. A mischievous grin was shown on his face. Jane and I were puzzled. He dug his hands into his pocket and fished out a box of matches. “Where did you get that from?” Jane asked with curiosity. Tom explained that he had stolen it from his kitchen.
Without further discussion, Tom, our leader, cajoled Jane and I into one of the lifts. Tom struck one matchstick against the side of the of the match box. However, a small gust of wind swept by, causing the flame to shrivel up, vanishing into thin air. Tom turned red with fury. Tom strict another matchstick and it lit up in a crimson glow. Tome lowered the matchstick onto the pile of newspaper and it started a fire. Immediately, the small flame exploded what seem like a fiery monster.
< >The flamed began to dance with little wicks of fire. This sent Jane shrieking in horror. I quickly pressed the opened button and the door opened. We quickly took to our heels and ran as fast as our legs could carry us. Suddenly, Tom fell down and he was trapped in the fire. Jane and I wanted to save Tom but the fire was too strong. Jane fished out her hand phone and called the ambulance. Shortly after, sirens filled the air. The paramedics carried Tom into the ambulance and he was sent to the hospital immediately.
< >At the hospital, Tom’s parents arrived and the doctor came out of the room at the same time. Tom’s parents were informed that he had tried his best but in vain. Tom’s parents, Jane and I burst into tears as we knew that Tom would not make it. He died two hours later.
I jolted out of thoughts as Jane grabbed me by the shoulder, shaking me like a rat. Tears threatened to spill out. Tom’s death is still vivid in my mind. If only I had stopped him from burning the newspapers, if only I did not meet him, he would still be alive. If only… I could not stop blaming myself for causing Tom’s gruesome death.
Done by: Xue Er click here to comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home